Spring Break is around the corner….soon followed by an exciting array of “End of Year” activities! Be sure to mark your calendars for these upcoming Spring Time events:
Spring Family Picnic: Friday, May 16, 2014
Please join us at all three grade level lunches as we welcome parents, friends and families as they “dine” with their students. We will be adjusting our lunch schedules this day to accommodate those families bringing in food from local vendors/restaurants. The ACMS Band is scheduled to perform, and there will be smiles all around!
2014 PTC School Carnival: Friday, May 30, 2014
The ACMS Parent Teacher Club is planning a wonderful event for our students. The format of our Carnival will be even better than years past. Our students will enjoy Basketball, Frisbee Golf, a live DJ, BBQ, games, and some fantastic surprises! Parent Volunteers are needed, so please consider helping. If you’re interested in helping our PTC, please call our office to sign up.
2014 ACMS Promotion Ceremony: Thursday, June 4, 2014
Our 8th graders will celebrate their successful completion of middle school in our beautiful Central Quad beginning at 9:00 a.m. Please pay close attention to promotion requirements, including GPA and attendance guidelines that are listed in the student planner. This is sure to be a wonderful ceremony, as always!
* Please join me in congratulating ACMS 6th grader, John Wheeler, who recently placed 3rd in the 6th Grade Division Placer County Spelling Bee. John advanced to the county level as a result of his superior performance in the site and district competition. Way to go John!
* The ACMS Band performance during their concert on Tuesday, March 11th was one for the ages….I can’t be prouder of a group of students. Thanks to all band members, Mrs. Slabaugh, and the parents who support our music program!
* The ACMS “Odyssey of the Mind” Team of Felicity Sahr, Lauren Evans, Alyssa Hinds, Gavyn Kamminga, Jared Rogers, Landry Randall, and Dylan Punsalan have advanced to the next round of OM Competition. The state competition takes place on April 5th in Brentwood, CA. Good luck to them!
Thanks for being a partner in your child’s education here at ACMS!!
Dear Parents of 8th Grade Students:
Please view the attached document regarding California Standards Testing for 8th grade (Science only.) This will be the final year of CST administration as all districts throughout the state transition to the Smarter Balanced Assessment.
CSTs for 8th Grade Science
Please click on the following link for meeting information: Math Pathways.
Hello ACMS Parents of Current 8th Graders,
The link below is an important piece of information from the Roseville Joint Union High School District regarding High School Mathematics, and the transition to the Common Core. Please review the letter, and discuss the changes with your student. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call or email our 8th grade counselor, Mrs. Callahan.
High School Mathematics Transition to Common Core
Please click on the link below to read our letter to parents regarding California statewide administration of the Smarter Balanced test:
Smarter Balanced Parent Letter 2014
PowerSchool Parent Single Sign On (effective August 13, 2013)
Welcome to PowerSchool Parent Single Sign On which will become effective beginning August 13, 2013. The Parent Single Sign On feature allows parents to access multiple student accounts with a single login. It also allows each parent or guardian to have their own account if desired. In addition this feature allows parents to use the PowerSchool Mobile App to view their student accounts.
- Read step by step instructions on how to create your new Parent Single Sign On account.
- View a PowerPoint presentation on creating your new Parent Single Sign On Account.
- Create your new Parent Single Sign On account click here.
If you have reviewed the documents above and still have questions, please contact your school office for assistance.
Report Bullying & Safety Threats
We pledge to provide a school environment free from bullying...report bullying and safety threats with "Sprigeo". Report bullying here (anonymously or not), and ACMS will follow up immediately.
Follow this link to http://report.sprigeo.com.
Our next school board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 1st at 7:00 p.m. at Creekview Ranch Middle School.